Reckless Catfolk Bounty Hunter
Nature. Steadfast Friend; Demeanour. Reckless Troublemaker
Relations. Wanderer’s Refuge (); Whispers of Madness ()
Unique. “I will be the key to the Fury’s return.”
Senses. Darkvision 60ft, Devil’s Sight 120ft
Proficiency Bonus. +2
Health. 21 (8+5+5 [3d8HD] +3 [Con])
Health and Defense
Attributes and Skills
|Sleight of Hand|
Racial and Class Abilities
- Senses. Darkvision 60ft.
- Feline Agility. When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the turn. You can’t do this again until you move 0ft on one of your turns.
- Cat’s Claws. Your climbing speed is 20ft and your claws can be used to make unarmed strikes, dealing 1d4-1 slashing damage.
- Cat’s Talent. You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth skills.
Urban Bounty Hunter (Background)
- Ear to the Ground. You are in frequent contact with people in the segment of society that your chosen quarries move through. These people might be associated with the criminal underworld, the rough-and- tumble folk of the streets or members of high society. This connection comes in the form of a contact in any city you visit, a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area.
- Skills. Choose two from Deception, Insight, Persuasion, and Stealth.
Otherworldly Patron: Hexblade
- Hex Warrior (1st). At 1st level, you gain proficiency with medium armour, shields, and martial weapons. In addition, when attacking with a melee weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the two-handed property, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls.
- Hexblade’s Curse (1st). Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on an enemy. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:
• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
• Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
• If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier.
You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.
Your arcane research and the magic bestowed on you by your patron have given you facility with spells.
In your study of occult lore, you have unearthed eldritch invocations, fragments of forbidden knowledge that imbue you with an abiding magical ability.
- Devil’s Sight (1st). You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120ft.
- Agonising Blast (1st). When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.
Pact Boon: Pact of the Blade
You can use your action to create a pact weapon in your empty hand. You can choose the form that this melee weapon takes each time you create it. You are proficient with it while you wield it. This weapon counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage. Your pact weapon disappears if it is more than 5 feet away from you for 1 minute or more. It also disappears if you use this feature again, if you dismiss the weapon (no action required), or if you die. You can transform one magic weapon into your pact weapon by performing a special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest. You can then dismiss the weapon, shunting it into an extradimensional space, and it appears whenever you create your pact weapon thereafter. You can’t affect an artefact or a sentient weapon in this way. The weapon ceases being your pact weapon if you die, if you perform the 1-hour ritual on a different weapon, or if you use a 1-hour ritual to break your bond with it. The weapon appears at your feet if it is in the extradimensional space when the bond breaks.
Spell Slots. 2x 2nd Level Spells Per Short Rest
Spell Attack/Effect Bonus. +5
- Eldritch Blast. (1 Action, Range 120ft; Duration instant; V, S) A beam o f crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10+CHA force damage.
- Booming Blade. (1 Action, Range 5ft; Duration 1 round; V, M) As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
- Shield. (1 Reaction; Self; Duration 1 round) An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
- Hex. (1 Bonus; 90ft; Duration 1 hour; V, S) You place a curse on a creature that you can see within range. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to the target whenever you hit it with an attack. Also, choose one ability when you cast the spell. The target has disadvantage on ability checks made with the chosen ability. If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a turn of yours to curse a new creature. A remove curse cast on the target ends this spell early.
- Darkness. (1 Action, Range 60ft; Duration 10 minute) Magical darkness spreads from a point you choose within range to fill a 15-foot-radius sphere for the duration. The darkness spreads around corners. A creature with darkvision can’t see through this darkness, and nonmagical light can’t illuminate it.
- Invisibility. (1 Action, Touch; Duration 1 hour) A creature you touch becomes invisible until the spell ends. Anything the target is wearing or carrying is invisible as long as it is on the target’s person. The spell ends for a target that attacks or casts a spell.
Weapons and Armour
- Pact Blade. Longsword. 1d8/1d10 (Versatile)
- Shield. Armour +2
- Chain Shirt. Medium. Armour 13, Max Dex Mod +2
- Burglar’s Pack. Includes a backpack, a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
- Thieves’ Tools.
- Playing Cards.
(Short description of the character’s appearance.)
(A description of the character’s personality.)
(A few paragraphs on the character’s history leading up to joining the Silver Ravens Guild. Make sure to include the connections that we created during character creation.)
Before the Campaign
(A summary of the character’s history since joining the party.)
INDIVIDUAL caught you at PLACE doing something shady or outright illegal but agreed to look the other way. What were you doing? What have you been forced to do so far due to this blackmail?
You, PC, and INDIVIDUAL joined together to handle a massive threat or issue. What did they learn about you? What did you learn about INDIVIDUAL?
Your participation in the Aurorus Midsummer Festival garnered far too much attention. What’s the latest problem this attention has caused you?