Nature. Conniving Manipulator; Demeanour. Intimidating Enforcer
Relations. The Eyes of Truth (); The Black Alliance ()
Unique. “I’m the bastard son of High Lord Bethrymere.”
Senses. Darkvision 60’
Proficiency Bonus. +2
Health. 23 (8+5+5+5 [4d8HD] +0 [Con])
Health and Defense
Attributes and Skills
|Sleight of Hand||●||+6|
|Rogue Level||Damage Bonus|
Racial and Class Abilities
Eldari Low Born (Wood Elf) (Race)
- Elf Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
- Fleet of Foot. Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
- Mask of the Wild. You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
- Skill Proficiencies. Deception, Stealth
- Tool Proficiencies. One type of gaming set, thieves’ tools
- Feature: Criminal Contact. You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
- Armour. Light armour
- Weapons. Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
- Tools. Thieves’ tools
- Saving Throws. Dexterity. Intelligence
- Skills. Choose four from Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception. Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Perception, Performance. Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth
Expertise (Acrobatics, Perception).
At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves’ tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.
At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves’ tools) to gain this benefit.
Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
During your rogue training, you learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in a seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves’ cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Roguish Archetype: Swashbuckler
- Fancy Footwork. When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you learn how to land a strike and then slip away without reprisal. During your turn, if you make a melee attack against a creature, that creature can’t make opportunity attacks against you for the rest of your turn.
- Rakish Audacity. Starting at 3rd level, your unmistakable confidence propels you into battle. You can add your Charisma modifier to your initiative rolls. In addition, you don’t need advantage on your attack roll to use your Sneak Attack if no creature other than your target is within 5 feet of you. All the other rules for the Sneak Attack class feature still apply to you.
Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature. Optionally, you can forgo increasing your ability scores to instead take a feat of your choice instead. You can take each feat only once unless the feat’s description says otherwise.
- Stealthy (4th). You know how best to hide. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency in the Stealth skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
- If you are hidden, you can move up to 10 feet in the open without revealing yourself if you end the move in a position where you’re not clearly visible.
Weapons and Armour
- Shortsword. (x2) +5 Attack, 1d6+3 Piercing; Finesse, Light
- Dagger. (Silvered x2; Normal x2) +5 Attack, 1d4+3 Piercing; Finesse, Light, Thrown (20/60)
- Studded Leather Armour. +2 Armour
- Potion of Healing. (x2) Heal 2d4+2 health.
- Burglar’s Pack. Includes a backpack, a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
- Thieves’ Tools.
- Set of Dark Common Clothes.
(Short description of the character’s appearance.)
(A description of the character’s personality.)
(A few paragraphs on the character’s history leading up to joining the Silver Ravens Guild. Make sure to include the connections that we created during character creation.)
Before the Campaign
(A summary of the character’s history since joining the party.)
You and Kutu nearly fought each other at The Weary Traveller, a tavern in Rurik. How is it marked from that incident? How are you two marked?
This occurred multiple times as Elorne was enforcing on debts owed by a friend of Kutu’s. A mutual respect for one another’s talent at violence and their respective ability to be pragmatic about resolving situations.
You were in a hard situation at Frostridge Prison when Sinowar Moran unexpectedly showed up and helped you out. Why were they there in the first place?
Sinowar was there to break out others. Freed me through their efforts as well.
You had an ulterior motive at the appointment of Aethor Bethrymere to High Chancellor, and Miri found out. What did you offer to keep them quiet? Did they agree to your terms?
Elorne offered Miri the truth – that he was there to steal from the church. Yes, she watched those in power after the theft and found them to be corrupt.
The Eyes of Truth
The Black Alliance