Disillusioned Practitioner of the Arts
Refresh 3 (3 +0 Advancements +1 Bonus -1 Stunts -0 Condition)
Short-Tempered Sage; Evocation Specialist; Estranged Member of the Circle of Magi; XXX
- Evocation. In game terms, you may perform any of the four basic actions with spectacular magical effects, the nature of which are based off your aspects. Your actions may have scale (page 182) at the GM’s discretion. If desired, push yourself to increase the spell’s effect. These benefits are cumulative: if you mark two stress boxes and both conditions, you could do a single magical action at +8, and then have +2 to all magical actions for the rest of the scene.
- Check a stress box for +1 or two boxes for +2 on any one magical action. You may check only two boxes at a time.
- Mark Exhausted to add +4 to any single magical action or to attack multiple targets magically without dividing your roll (page 190).
- Mark Burned Out to gain +2 to all magical actions for the rest of the scene or, if Exhausted is already checked, to attack multiple targets with magic without having to divide your roll.
- Thaumaturgy. You excel at ritual magic (page 168). Add +2 to the preparation roll for any ritual.
Additional Stunts (1)
- Evocation Specialist (Force Kinetic Attack). You have employed an evocation so well that its execution is practically reflexive. Select one element, one approach, and one action (for example, a Force wind attack) and add +2 whenever attempting that precise combination. The stunt may be taken multiple times but not for the same combination.
Note: These are in addition to the Conditions ‘In Peril’, ‘Doomed’ and ‘Indebted’ Conditions.
Mark this condition to boost your magical power, as described by the Evocation stunt. When you are Exhausted, the GM has one boost to use against you in any scene in which your fatigue may be used against you. The GM may claim this boost at any time during a relevant scene. Clearing Exhausted, of course, requires an active effort to rest. The GM may allow this recovery to occur between any two scenes involving a sufficient time jump.
Burned Out (Lasting)
Mark this condition to further boost your magical power for the rest of the scene, as described by the Evocation stunt. Afterwards, you cannot use magic, period, until Burned Out is fully recovered. Begin recovery by eating, meditating, or otherwise deliberately resting as per the Exhausted condition. Recover fully at the end of the following session.
“In the end, I can only rely on myself.”
Strengths. Authoritative; Inquisitive; Light Sleeper
Weakness. Easily Annoyed
Strengths. Cast Magical Spells; Shape Elemental Energies; XXX
Weakness. Collateral Damage
Strengths. Arcane Knowledge; Access to Unique Resources; XXX
Weakness. Conflicts with Other Circle Members
(Short description of the character’s appearance.)
(A description of the character’s personality.)
(A few paragraphs on the character’s history leading up to joining the Silver Ravens Guild. Make sure to include the connections that we created during character creation.)
Before the Campaign
(A summary of the character’s history since joining the party.)
You avoid your hometown and brush off any attempts to talk about it. What’s keeping you from going there? Why do you feel troubled or uneasy when you think about it.
You had a premonition about a religious war that came to pass. Who did you try to warn? How did they respond?
The Circle of Magi
Order of the Crimson Flame