Disillusioned Practitioner of the Arts
Nature. XXX; Demeanour. Bad-Tempered Sage
Relations. The Circle of Magi ()
Senses. Normal Sight.
Proficiency Bonus. +2
Health. 23 (6+4+4 [3d6HD] +9 [Con])
Health and Defense
Attributes and Skills
|Sleight of Hand|
Racial and Class Abilities
- Ability Score Increase. Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
- Skills. You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.
- Feat. You gain one feat of your choice.
- Skill Proficiencies. Arcana, History
- Languages. Two of your choice.
- Feature: Researcher. When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.
- Armour. None
- Weapons. Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
- Tools. None
- Saving Throws. Intelligence, Wisdom
- Skills. Choose two from Arcana, History, Insight, Investigation, Medicine, and Religion
You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
Arcane Tradition: Evocation
You focus your study on magic that creates powerful elemental effects such as bitter cold, searing flame, rolling thunder, crackling lightning, and burning acid. Some evokers find employment in military forces, serving as artillery to blast enemy armies from afar. Others use their spectacular power to protect the weak, while some seek their own gain as bandits, adventurers, or aspiring tyrants.
- Evocation Savant. Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy an evocation spell into your spellbook is halved.
- Sculpt Spells. Beginning at 2nd level, you can create pockets of relative safety within the effects of your evocation spells. When you cast an evocation spell that affects other creatures that you can see, you can choose a number of them equal to 1 + the spell’s level. The chosen creatures automatically succeed on their saving throws against the spell, and they take no damage if they would normally take half damage on a successful save.
Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature. Optionally, you can forgo increasing your ability scores to instead take a feat of your choice instead. You can take each feat only once unless the feat’s description says otherwise.
Spell Sniper (Human)
You have learned techniques to enhance your attacks with certain kinds of spells, gaining the following benefits:
- When you cast a spell that requires you to make an attack roll, the spell’s range is doubled.
- Your ranged spell attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
- You learn one cantrip that requires an attack roll (Chill Touch; Wizard).
Arcanist (Level 4)
You study the arcane arts, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency in the Arcana skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
- You learn the prestidigitation and detect magic spells. You can cast detect magic once without expending a spell slot, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.
Spell Slots. 4 × 1st Level | 2 × 2nd Level
Weapons and Armour
- Quarterstaff. XXX
- Wand. XXX
- Potion of Healing. (x2) Heal 2d4+2 health.
- Scholar’s Pack. Includes a backpack, a book of lore, a bottle of ink, an ink pen, 10 sheets of parchment, a little bag of sand, and a small knife.
(Short description of the character’s appearance.)
(A description of the character’s personality.)
(A few paragraphs on the character’s history leading up to joining the Silver Ravens Guild. Make sure to include the connections that we created during character creation.)
Before the Campaign
(A summary of the character’s history since joining the party.)
You avoid your hometown and brush off any attempts to talk about it. What’s keeping you from going there? Why do you feel troubled or uneasy when you think about it.
You had a premonition about a religious war that came to pass. Who did you try to warn? How did they respond?
The Circle of Magi
Order of the Crimson Flame